Criminal Records Bureau
Reigate & Redhill YMCA is an organisation that is registered with the CRB as a Registered Body and as an Umbrella Body.
Reigate & Redhill YMCA carry out CRB checks on all our staff and/or volunteers. As an Umbrella Body we can provide access to the CRB service for other organisations both commercial and voluntary. As an Umbrella Bodies we have the same responsibilities as Registered Bodies and must take reasonable steps to ensure that any organisation we are countersigning on behalf of also complies with the relevant responsibilities and obligations. As an Umbrella Body we play an important role in the success of the CRB as we provide the mechanism by which many smaller organisations will access CRB checks. It is recommended that people who work with children and vulnerable adults should have the Enhanced Disclosure.
We are entitled to ask exempted questions under the Exceptions Order to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 Exceptions Order 1975 or will countersign applications on behalf of people or organisations who themselves are entitled to ask exempted questions.
The Registered Body's role is to:
- Check and validate the information provided by the applicant on the application form.
- Establish the true identity of the applicant, through the examination of a range of documents using guidance provided by the CRB.
- Ensure the application form is fully completed and the information it contains is accurate.
- Countersign applications to confirm that the organisation has an entitlement to access criminal record information.
- To comply with the CRB's Code of Practice.
- The Reigate & Redhill YMCA have policies on the Secure Storage, Handling, Use, Retention and Disposal of Disclosures and Disclosure information and a policy on Employment of Ex-offenders.
The disclosure costs are now either £26.00 for a Standard Disclosure or £44.00 for an Enhanced Disclosure. ISA Adult first check is £6.00.
For a commercial organisation who wish to use us as an Umbrella Body we charge £30.00+VAT administration charge and for multiple applications an additional £8.00+VAT per form.
For voluntary organisations we charge £8.00+VAT per form.
Further information about the CRB can be obtained from the CRB, PO Box 110, Liverpool L3 6ZZ and
The Home Office - www.homeoffice.gov.uk
Direct Gov - www.direct.gov.uk
Business link - www.businesslink.gov.uk